Recipe by Kree
This grilled dish, made with sweet potatoes and zucchini, gets its wonderful flavor from balsamic vinegar. It's easy to cook because you just pop it all into a foil packet. The amounts of vegetables can easily be increased for more people, since it has plenty of juice. I also enjoy making this with regular potatoes! This was created for RSC #6.
Top Review by Chef Mom0'3
Discovered this recipe a few weeks ago and have been making it weekly since. DH finished off the leftovers I had been saving for after a late night at work and I almost cried! (seriously!!)Love the combination of veggies. I also add red pepper rings, and slice the sweet pot VERY thin and the zuchini a little thicker on a bias, and it turns out perfectly every time! Have also used dried sage (1/2 T)mixed in with the sauce in place of fresh and that worked fine too.The colors do get a little washed out but who cares-it tastes GREAT!! Absolutely Love this very easy tasty healthy dish!!
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced (if it's too big you can cut the slices in half)
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- Arrange sweet potatoes and zucchini in a Reynold's Hot Bag (or in the middle of 2 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil), alternating potatoes and zucchini.
- Place onions on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and garlic; drizzle over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle vegetables with sage, salt, and pepper.
- Seal the Hot Bag (or wrap aluminum foil tightly) and place onto preheated grill.
- Cook with hood closed for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender when poked with a fork.
- The Hot Bag can also be placed on a cookie sheet and baked in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.