1/1 Photo of Grilled Balsamic- Soy Portabella Mushrooms
1 hr 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Quick and easy on the grill. Tastes great by itself, or made into a sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the mushrooms
- 3 -4 large portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1Cut stem level to mushroom and clean mushrooms.
- 2Mix together olive oil, balsamic, soy, garlic, red pepper and sesame oil in a large ziplock bag or shallow marinating dish.
- 3Place mushrooms in bag with marinade and coat thoroughly; allow to sit for 1-3 hours, turning occasionally.
- 4Slice onions about 1/4-inch thick and set aside.
- 5Prepare grill, remembering to oil grate.
- 6Place mushrooms on grill (using extra marinade for a baste), and onion slices on mesh grate on grill.
- 7Drizzle onions with a little bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Cook, basting mushrooms occasionally, and turning once, about 10 minutes or until tender in center.
- 9Do not burn onions or mushrooms (if they start cooking too fast, move them further from the hottest coals or heat source).
- 10Serve mushrooms with grilled onions on a kaiser roll, if desired, along with aioli or mayo and provolone cheese.
- 11You may microwave cheese on the mushroom for 45 seconds or so if you like it melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Balsamic- Soy Portabella Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.5
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 1238.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 16.6 g