1/1 Photo of Grilled Balsamic Portabella Mushroom Burger
1 hr 15 mins
This healthy recipe is from the Mayo Clinic. The balsamic vinegar is really a nice complement to the mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove their stems. Place in a glass dish, stem (gill) side up.
- 2To prepare the marinade, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, cayenne pepper and olive oil. Drizzle the marinade over the mushrooms. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, turning mushrooms once.
- 3Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
- 4Grill or broil the mushrooms on medium heat, turning often, until tender, about 5 minutes on each side. Baste with marinade to keep from drying out. Using tongs, transfer the mushrooms to a plate and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Balsamic Portabella Mushroom Burger
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g