- 1⁄2 lb top round steak, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (I use San-J Wheat-Free Tamari Soy Sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients, except meat, in a container fitted with a lid; cover and shake.
- Pour the marinade over the top round steak and cover.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
- Grill or broil until done as desired.
- Slice thinly.