Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These Tenderloins are very Yummy
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (if preparing in oven)
- Grill preparation:.
- Sear the tenderloins on all sides, then grill for about 20-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Try to let it rest before slicing.
- Oven preparation:.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat canola oil in a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, and try to let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.
The flavors of the marinade are FAN-tastic! Just the right balance of acidic - spicy - garlicky. I made this on an electric grill, it took about 20 minutes to reach 160F. One thing I would like to point out to chef Michelle, the directions are a bit vague. I wasn't sure if I should make a paste and grill the meat right away or marinade it for a while. I ended up marinading it for @ 6 hours and basted the meat while on the grill, then let it rest for @ 10 minutes, it was tender and juicy and super tasty! Made for my 3 chefs tag game, June 2012.