Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the unique flavor of Balsamic Vinegar. This is one of my favorite ways to grill chicken. I would suggest doubling the marinade if you want more to use as a dipping sauce. This marinade is also excellant on Pork Chops! NOTE: Plan Ahead! Marinate 4-6 hours or overnight. Not included in cook time.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Place in a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. Combine chicken broth and next 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Reserve 1/2 cup marinade; pour remaining marinade over chicken. Seal bag, and refrigerate up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, at medium-high for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through, basting with reserved 1/2 cup marinade every few minutes. Done when juices run clear.
Very good. I overcooked my chicken a little, but the marinade/basting helped a bit with that. I actually would recommend keeping the marinade and boiling it to kill any buggies and serving as a sauce on the side.
We all really enjoyed this grilled chicken! I marinated the breasts for 24 hours and the flavour was terrific. I thought that the balsamic taste might be too much but it added just the right kick. I didn't find that it was dry at all but you have to be really careful and remove chicken from the grill as soon as its done. We enjoyed this with Cheesy Barbecued Corn on the Cob and some pasta. Made for Kittencal's Grilling Game. Thanks kittycatmom! :)
I used 4 chicken breasts and 18 year old balsamic vinegar, delicious! Marinated in the ziploc bag overnight and DH grilled the chicken for supper. Moist, juicy, and the flavor from the marinade was a perfect blend of tanginess with a hint of sweetness. Wonderful recipe kittycatmom and it will be added to our favorites!