Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This wonderfully flavored asparagus evolved from a Cooking Light recipe. Prep time includes time to marinate.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus and wash well through 2-3 changes of cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, seal and marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Remove asparagus from bag (discard marinade) and place on preheated oiled grill rack.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side or until asparagus is done.
Fantastic flavor! I put the leftover marinade in a small pan over the stove and reduced to a sauce to drizzle over the asparagus just before serving. Thanks for sharing!
Made exactly as described and it was tasty and easy. I would probably marinate longer than listed and/or reduce the leftover marinade as another post mentioned and/or put some parmesan cheese on it. It was good though as it was. Thanks for sharing.
A very good side dish for the grill! I let this marinade for a couple hours, as I was letting some chicken marinate (a different recipe) at the same time. I will be making this again, and again. :)