Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Jumbo shrimp or prawns wrapped in bacon with zesty spices! This is a very good meal or appetizer.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon citrus lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 9 slices bacon
- 18 prawns
- Combine butter and spices, add shrimp, stirring to coat the shrimp. Let shrimp marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Slice bacon in half and cook over medium high heat to render out some fat, keeping bacon flexible. Drain the bacon and pat grease out with a paper towel.
- Wrap each piece of shrimp with a piece of bacon. Slide on to skewers.
- Grill on a hot grill until shrimp are opaque. Use remainder of marinade when turning the shrimp.
We will be having this again, ... & again...! Delicious! I pre cooked the bacon as stated, but it still didn't get brown enough before the shrimp were done, despite my 500 degree grill. The flavor was wonderful though! We ate it as a meal with rice & green beans. This one's a keeper! Thank you
I made this for an office lunch BBQ. This one was my favorite out of the four styles of shrimp that I made. Everything is better with bacon.
YUMMO! These are absolutely delicious. I was out of a few of the ingred too, but added a citrus blend spice and some lemon zest. Thanks for the great receipe.