Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Anything is better with bacon, right! This will get everyone excited while you make these outside on the grill. Great with Grilled Steaks or Chicken.
- 1 1⁄2 cups zesty Italian dressing (I use Kraft)
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 slices bacon (if your bacon is thick, precook for 5 to ten minutes before wrapping)
- 2 pinches pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 24 toothpicks (add a few extra in case the break!)
- Wash then cut the asparagus stalks down a bit (usually 1-2 inches) to remove the tougher parts.
- Put the asparagus into a large ziploc bag and pour the Zesty Italian Dressing over the asparagus. Make sure all of the spears are going the same way. This will make it easier to mix around in the sauce.
- After mincing the garlic (bottled minced garlic works too), put it all onto the asparagus in the bag.
- Roll the dressing and garlic around in the bag and leave in the fridge for at least two hours to 4 hours, longer will let the flavor really get into the asparagus.
- After marinating is done, pull the asparagus out and wrap, the long way, with a bacon strip. Use a toothpick on the top and bottom of the asparagus to keep it on during cooking.
- Drop a couple pinches of pepper to taste on the wrapped spears.
- COOKING - Times depend on thickness of the Asparagus Spear and Bacon.
- With the temp around 350 for 3 to 4 minutes.Cover closed.
- Turn each spear over and resume grilling for another 4 minutes. Closed.
- Move the spears to the top rack and resume cooking for another three to four minutes. Again, with the cover closed.
- Put it on a plate and eat with your favorite main course. Enjoy!
I've made these twice now! I do make my own simple vinegrette - and I wrap up 3 spears of asparagus....just to cut down the ratio of bacon to asparagus. I served these along side of a big T bone steak and juicy slices of summer tomato.....the dinner guests raved about the asparagus!
Thanks for posting this recipe!