Chef #822801's Note:
Anything is better with bacon, right! This will get everyone excited while you make these outside on the grill. Great with Grilled Steaks or Chicken.
My Private Note
Bacon w ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2Wash then cut the asparagus stalks down a bit (usually 1-2 inches) to remove the tougher parts.
- 3Put the asparagus into a large ziploc bag and pour the Zesty Italian Dressing over the asparagus. Make sure all of the spears are going the same way. This will make it easier to mix around in the sauce.
- 4After mincing the garlic (bottled minced garlic works too), put it all onto the asparagus in the bag.
- 5Roll the dressing and garlic around in the bag and leave in the fridge for at least two hours to 4 hours, longer will let the flavor really get into the asparagus.
- 6After marinating is done, pull the asparagus out and wrap, the long way, with a bacon strip. Use a toothpick on the top and bottom of the asparagus to keep it on during cooking.
- 7Drop a couple pinches of pepper to taste on the wrapped spears.
- 8COOKING - Times depend on thickness of the Asparagus Spear and Bacon.
- 9With the temp around 350 for 3 to 4 minutes.Cover closed.
- 10Turn each spear over and resume grilling for another 4 minutes. Closed.
- 11Move the spears to the top rack and resume cooking for another three to four minutes. Again, with the cover closed.
- 13Put it on a plate and eat with your favorite main course. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Bacon Wrapped Italian Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.9
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 2030.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: