Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Excellent choice for the grill lover! Great choice for a barbecue or anyone who loves chicken! It's a fairly simply recipe, but it comes out so tasty! Jalapenos are completely optional-- I prefer mine without, but it seems to go over great with those who love some spice!
- On four large sheets on aluminum foil, place 4 slices of bacon in the center of each.
- Evenly divide onion slices, and neatly place on top of the bacon slices (add jalapenos and/or mushrooms on top of the onions).
- Place the large chicken pieces on top of the onions (and other vegetables) and add salt, pepper and garlic.
- Smother chicken in sweet baby ray's barbecue sauce (1/4 cup to each chicken thigh--- add more if desired).
- Wrap chicken in tight foil packets; double wrap for extra support.
- Place wrapped packets on hot coals; Cook for one hour, turning over ever 25 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes once you remove from grill (be very careful when opening-- very hot!).
Great chicken! I ended up cooking mine in the oven at 350 for about an hour because it was pouring rain outside. I used a chicken quarter and didn't have jalapenos but will sure use them next time I make this. Thanks Ashley for a nice keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.