Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hot German-style potato salad--very tangy! This is great as a grill side, but I'd guess you can cook in the oven too for almost as good results.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Boil unpeeled potatoes until almost tender but not crumbling. Cook and crumble bacon; chop onions and celery. Cut potatoes into thick slices.
- In large bowl, gently mix together potatoes, lemon juice, onions and celery.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Turn mixture into aluminum foil pan (8x8). Cover with foil and grill on medium heat for 20 minutes. Be careful of steam when you remove the foil to serve.
A super side dish. This could be easily doubled to serve a whole party of people! Next time I make this I will add in some chunks of roasted garlic. Made for TOTM.