Recipe by topchefddb
Amazing pizza you can make at home in just a few minutes. You can make your dough the day before, or use store bought. We usually just wait a few hours for our dough to be ready. It is so easy, give it a try.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Flour and Yeast and Salt together in your mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook or in your processor bowl with your plastic dough blade. Add water and oil and knead for 5 minutes until dough is smooth and is in the shape of a little ball. Split the dough into 2 balls and spray a bowl with Pam, coat both balls with Pam and cover and let rest in a warm spot for about 2 hours or till double in size. If you are making your dough ahead of time, put it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once your dough is ready, punch it down and let it rest for about 15 minutes while you assemble your toppings.
- Pre-cook 10 slices of bacon until very crisp and break into small pieces. Make a salad using the cherry tomatoes sliced in half, avocado cut into chunks and lemon juice, salt and pepper and mayonnaise.
- Shape dough into round disks the size of a dinner plate. Brush a small amount of olive oil onto the dough. Once your grill is very hot, toss the disk, oiled side down onto the grill for about 3 or 4 minutes. You will see the dough start to blister and crackle, turn the dough over. Top the dough with cheese and bacon, Reduce the heat of your grill and put the cover down. Cook for 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and bottom of dough is nicely browned. Slide pizza off the grill onto dinner plates.
- Top warm pizza with lettuce and arugula or any salad green you love. then top it with the avocado tomato salad.
- Use any topping you love or that are left over in your fridge. That's how we came up with this one, and now it is our favorite!
- Cut each pizza into 6 wedges.
- This recipe makes 2 pizzas.