Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I usually prefer a hamburger straight up, but bacon inside and on top of the burger AND cheese was just too tempting!! I love Jarlsberg cheese, that mild "Swiss" cheese from Norway famous for it's creamy, nutty taste and easy melting. Prep time includes cooking the bacon. Found this in a grilling handout from Weber; you can use your own burger seasoning, or a different cheese for that matter.
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon weber grill creations gourmet burger seasoning
- 4 slices jarlsberg cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 pieces lettuce
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced, separated in rings
- other condiments, to taste
- Cook bacon strips in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix ground chuck, burger seasoning and 2 slices crumbled bacon in a medium bowl. Shape mixture into 4 burgers about 3/4" thick.
- Grill the burgers over direct high heat with the lid closed as much as possible, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once when the patties release easily from the grill grate.
- During the last couple of minutes of cooking, put 1 slice Jarlsberg on top of each patty to melt. At the same time, toast the hamburger buns, cut side down, on the grill.
- Assemble burgers on toasted buns by topping each with 2 slices bacon, rings of red onion (as desired), lettuce, tomato and other condiments of your choosing.