Recipe by carolinafan
This recipe is easy enough but to make it even easier use purchased cooked bacon.
- 1 lb French bread, 1 pound loaf
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut loaf of bread into 1-inch thick slices.
- Lightly spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Place slices, butter side down, on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle cheese, bacon and parsley evenly on bread slices.
- Place bread slices, butter side down, directly on grill.
- Cover grill, cook over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes or until bottom of bread is toasted and cheese is melted.