Recipe by gailanng
These are open-faced sandwiches, but can only imagine preparing as you would a grilled sandwich by making it two-sided sandwich-style and pan frying.
- 4 slices whole-grain bread or 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 6 ounces sliced sharp cheddar cheese, havrati or 6 ounces gouda cheese, etc
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Place slice on a baking sheet buttered-side down.
- On the top side spread pepper jelly, then top evenly with cheddar (or cheese of choice) and bacon. Broil just until cheese melts. Cut slices in half and serve warm.