Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is from the American Dairy Association.
Top Review by Kasha
Wasn't what I was hoping for and very rich. Good blue cheese taste though and I will certainly grill other sandwiches using salad dressing on the bread, what a good idea for extra taste. I have lots of the filing left over and may freeze it and spread on French bread, then bake like garlic bread. That might be a nice appetizer.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled crisp-cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 slices rye bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, blue cheese, bacon and 2 tablespoons Italian dressing.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly onto 4 bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- Brush sandwiches on both sides with remaining Italian dressing.
- Grill sandwiches in non-stick skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides and filling is melted.