Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Frm simply her mag.
- 1 (400 g) red snapper, whole, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 50 g tomatoes
- 20 g red chilies, seeded
- 35 g shallots, peeled
- 10 g garlic, peeled
- 5 g shrimp paste
- 40 ml vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- Put the tomato-chilli paste ingredients into a food processor and grind coarsely.
- With a sharp knife, cut four slits approx 1cm deep on both sides of fish to allow the seasoning to penetrate and the fish to cook more evenly.
- Season the fish with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the tomato-chilli paste into the slits. Marinate fish for 20mins.
- Place the fish on the charcoal grill and cook over a medium heat.
- Blance the vege in salty boiling water. After blanching, heat the oil and saute the vege with garlic and onion before seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve the grilled snappoer with steamed rice.