Recipe by Abby Girl
This recipe is strictly for all the potato lovers out there! These little gems will certainly knock your socks off! The capers are an interesting addition, but when cooked, they blend well with the potatoes. This serves 4 - 6 people, but my SIL could have eaten the whole dish herself!!!! I adapted the recipe, somewhat, to suit my purposes. These potatoes can be either roasted or grilled and there are directions for both
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby potatoes, halved (the size of a quarter or smaller)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly grounded
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped (or more, if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the potatoes, if needed, so that they are approximately the same size.
- Chop as much rosemary as you want. (Fresh is preferably, but you can used dried in a pinch). Add garlic, salt and pepper. Add to the potatoes and mix.
- Cook in a microwave save dish for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Cook for another 5 - 7 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and add chopped capers. Mix well. (~ or ~ Preheat oven to 400°F Roast until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes, about 45 minutes total. Mix in capers. Roast until flavors blend, about 5 minutes longer).
- Preheat grill.
- Double wrap the potatoes in foil. (You may want to spray with Pam to prevent sticking) Cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until fully cooked. ~or~ spray barbecue cooking tray with Pam and cook directly over the flames. Cook until the potatoes have nice grill marks and are fully cooked.
- Remove and place in a serving bowl.