Recipe by carmenskitchen
Found online and adapted from Gourmet via Food Network. I was looking for something to complete my Asian inspired Memorial Day Menu . Worked out perfect!
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I had some baby bok choy and was looking for a way to grill it. This was perfect! Doesn't take too much time when you're close to dinner. The only thing I did different was to use 1 tsp roasted red chili paste (more is too hot for us). Our babies were really small, almost newborns! So we used quite a few more. Next time we want to do this, we'll buy the ones that are a little bigger, to make them easier to grill.
- 4 heads baby bok choy, halved lengthwise and cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- lime wedge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar and chili paste and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in oil. Stir in scallions and sesame seeds. Add the bok choy and toss to coat. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare the grill. Lay the bok choy halves on hot grill, cut sides down. Grill 2 to 5 minutes until crisp tender. Serve with additional sesame seeds and lime wedges.