From Better Homes and Gardens. $200.00 winner.
Make and share this Grilled Avocados recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup bottled picante sauce
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- snipped fresh cilantro
- salad greens (optional)
- bottled picante sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Stir together olive oil and lime juice. Brush avocados all over with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle cut sides of avocados with salt.
- For charcoal grill, grill avocado halves, cut side down, on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minutes or until browned. Turn avocado halves, cut side up. Fill centers of avocado halves with the 1/4 cup picante sauce and shredded cheese. Cover grill and grill about 5 minutes more or until cheese begins to melt. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place avocado halves on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above).
- Remove avocados from grill. Sprinkle tops of avocado halves with snipped cilantro. If desired, serve on a bed of salad greens with additional picate sauce and sour cream.
I found this on the hearthealthyonline.com and it is sooooo good. I've fixed it several times now but haven't ever used the lime juice. Delicious!!
Very unusual and very good. The avocados take on an entirely different flavor by being grilled. An easy dish that we will enjoy again and again in the summer heat.