- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup bottled picante sauce
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- snipped fresh cilantro
- salad greens (optional)
- bottled picante sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together olive oil and lime juice. Brush avocados all over with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle cut sides of avocados with salt.
- For charcoal grill, grill avocado halves, cut side down, on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minutes or until browned. Turn avocado halves, cut side up. Fill centers of avocado halves with the 1/4 cup picante sauce and shredded cheese. Cover grill and grill about 5 minutes more or until cheese begins to melt. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place avocado halves on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above).
- Remove avocados from grill. Sprinkle tops of avocado halves with snipped cilantro. If desired, serve on a bed of salad greens with additional picate sauce and sour cream.