Slightly adapted from 'The Lavender Cookbook' by Shirley Shipley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (I doubled up on the lime juice and skipped the lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- tequila (I don't like tequila so it was omitted)
- 1/3 teaspoon culinary grade provence lavender (finely ground in a spice grinder or a small pestle & mortar and use fresh lavender when available)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 avocados, firm but ripe
- 1Place the butter in a small prep bowl. Use a fork to whip it soft until creamy.
- 2Add the lime juice (and lemon juice), tequila if using, lavender, and salt. Beat until all the liquid is incorporated. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3Preheat a grill to medium-high. We used our stove top grill to prepare this recipe.
- 4Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. DO NOT peel the avocados.
- 5Place the avocados on the heated grill, flesh side DOWN and leave for about 4 minutes to make grill marks on the flesh. Tip: on our stove top grill with my hand I [lightly] added pressure to the avocados to speed up the grill mark process thus avoiding overcooking the avocados and turning soft too quickly.
- 6Turn the avocado halves over and place a scant tablespoon of the butter-citrus mixture in the hollow of each avocado.
- 7Grill for an additional 10 minutes approximately or until the butter melts and the avocado is soft but not mushy. *The cooking time depends on the ripeness of the avocado.* The avocado should bubble around the skin but not be overcooked. For testing this recipe, this step took me about 4 minutes on the stove top grill.
Browse Our Top Avocado Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Avocado Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Avocado With Lavender-Citrus Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (661 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 33.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: