- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil and garlic.
- Cut bread diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush each slice with oil.
- Place on a cookie sheet; broil or grill until golden, approximately 5 minutes.
- Top each slice with tomato, onion, avocado and cheese.
- Return to broiler for 5 to 10 minutes until avocados begin to blister and brown.