Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is such a beautiful salsa--so pretty you won't want to eat it, but trust me--it's so good.
- 2 firm almost ripe avocados
- 1 medium white onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 poblano pepper, cut in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in half
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut in half
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Cut the avocados in half; remove the pit and peel the skin from 3 of the halves. Slice the peeled halves into ½-inch slices. Place the avocado slices and the half still in the skin on a hot grill. Grill the onions, peppers, and avocado until nice grill marks appear.
- Place the peppers into a bowl and cover with damp towel, or into a plastic bag to sweat the skins. Scoop the half of the avocado out into a mixing bowl; add the jalapeno pepper, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper. With a fork, mash all the ingredients into a guacamole. Once the pepper skins are loose, peel and discard skins.
- Cut the tomato, onion, and peppers into ½-inch dices; fold into the mashed mixture and carefully and gently.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.