Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Avocado.....what a yummy little green fruit - or is it a vegg? The seed thing confuses me. OH but I do love them! This is a little spin on the traditional guacamole. Found this recipe at napastyle.com.
- 8 ripe avocados, halved, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 3⁄4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Place peeled and pitted avocado halves in a bowl. Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil and lemon juice (to prevent oxidation), and sprinkle with a good amount of salt and pepper.
- Douse a paper towel with some olive oil, then swipe it across the grill so the avocados won't stick.
- Place avocados on the grill, cut side down and grill for 1 full minute.
- Meanwhile, preheat a saute pan and add the 1/2 cup of olive oil and minced garlic. Saute until the garlic turns a light brown.
- Add basil and saute until wilted and transfer to a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Take the avocados off the grill and add to the bowl. Mash together well with a fork.
- Add sour cream and stir. Then add the Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Serve immediately with chips or crackers.