Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have been making this recipe at the cottage for numerous years now. (I was given it by a "summer neighbour"). It makes a nice light meal with a tossed salad and I love that it can be made up to four hours ahead of time and there is no fussing with people having to tailor their own.
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Peel and pit avocado.
- Chop and stir with tomato, corn, green onions, salt, pepper, coriander, and mozzarella.
- Spread over half of each tortilla.
- Fold uncovered half over filling and gently press the edges together.
- In a non-stick frypan, or on a grill heated to medium, cook quesadillas for 1 1/2 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Flip over and cook until filling is heated through.
- Can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead of time, covered, and refrigerated.
Very good. It went together quickly and the quesadilla cooked up in no time at all. The only change I might make is to add some more seasoning. I think a little spice would make it even better. Maybe some minced garlic and a little cumin. Update: I changed these to 5 stars because I can't stop craving them! I made them with a heaping spoonful of garlic in a jar this time, and really liked that addition. They are so light and delicious! It did only make 3 or 4 quesadillas for us - even using the small size. I definitely recommend trying these! Made for My Three Chefs - Fall 09
I wasn't sure about how this was going to taste with the warm avocado but it was delicious! I substituted cooked diced red pepper for the tomato and added some green chili peppers for a bit of spice. Thanks for the recipe!
These are absolutely delicious. I even ended up buying another 10 avocados so i could make it over and over!