Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hot, spicy, sweet and fruity this delicious Moroccan dish is from Modern Moroccan by Ghillie Basan
- 2 aubergines, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 5 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat a grill or griddle pan.
- Dip each aubergine slice in olive oil and cook either on grill or in griddle pan until golden on both sides.
- In a wide fry pan fry the garlic in a little olive oil for a few seconds then stir in the ginger cumin, harissa, honey and lemon juice.
- Add enough water to cover the base of the pan and to thin the mixture then lay aubergine slices into this.
- cook gently for about 10 mins or until all the sauce has been absorbed.
- add a little extra water if necessary to give a coating sauce, season to taste with salt and serve at room temperature with chunks of fresh bread.
This is a great recipe. Easy to make and fantastic for parties.