Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you have never tried grilled asparagus, you are really missing out on an easy and Delish way to eat asparagus! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 16 slices prosciutto (good quality)
- olive oil (EVOO)
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Toss trimmed fresh asparagus with Olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus on grill, turning occasional, until they are becoming charred, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from grill and wrap each spear with prosciutto, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve. Also great served chilled as an appetizer.
This was excellent! I wrapped the asparagus in tinfoil and bbq'd it for about 13 minutes and then wrapped the prosciutto around it. It didn't even need the parmigaiano. An easy but elegant appetizer. Thanks!
These were wonderful. I substituted the parm with cream cheese. Took them to the neighbours, and they disappeared in no time. Thanks for the great idea for appys. Deb (Newfie Wanna Be)
The asparagus tossed in olive oil and s&p was great! Instead of grilling the asparagus I roasted them in the oven at 450 for 12 min. They came out awesome and I got lots of compliments! Thanks :)