Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I cut out recipes and stick them here and there, I rediscovered this one when I was cleaning out one of my drawers in the guest bed room. (go figure) I love asparagus and when I tried it again I really enjoyed it.
- 1 -2 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 buttermilk or 1⁄4 milk
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix (I use H. Valley)
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or any herb)
- 1 lemon, divided
- red pepper flakes (or hot spice you favor)
- Snap the tough tips of the asparagus then squeeze the lemon over the asparagus.
- Salt and pepper and set aside to marinade.
- The dressing just mix together and chill.
- Grill the asparagus for about 10 minutes turning alot until tender.
- Remove from grill and pour the lemon juice over the asparagus, then just serve it with dressing.