1/2 Photos of Grilled Asparagus With Saffron Aioli
Grace Lynn's Note:
This is Bobby Flay's recipe that was featured in Bon Appetit. I love this sauce! I have served it over grilled, roasted and blanched asparagus! It's even better with homemade mayonnaise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1For Aioli: Whisk vinegar, honey, and saffron threads in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- 3Cool completely.
- 4Mix mayonnaise and garlic in medium bowl to blend.
- 5Mix in cooled vinegar mixture.
- 6Season aioli to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 8For Asparagus: Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat.) Toss asparagus with oil on rimmed baking sheet.
- 9Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 10Grill asparagus until crisp-tender, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 11Transfer to platter.
- 12Drizzle aioli over asparagus.
- 13Sprinkle with bell pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Asparagus With Saffron Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 301.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g