Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is Bobby Flay's recipe that was featured in Bon Appetit. I love this sauce! I have served it over grilled, roasted and blanched asparagus! It's even better with homemade mayonnaise.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- For Aioli: Whisk vinegar, honey, and saffron threads in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Cool completely.
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic in medium bowl to blend.
- Mix in cooled vinegar mixture.
- Season aioli to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- For Asparagus: Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat.) Toss asparagus with oil on rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus until crisp-tender, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to platter.
- Drizzle aioli over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with bell pepper.
I loved this recipe. I made it with Fennel crusted pork tenderloin and the saffron aioli was a great sauce for both :) Thank you for posting
Really enjoyed this. I'm sure I won't have any problems using the leftover dip for chicken.