Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've made this for camping and fancy dinner parties. It may have been orginally from Bon Appetit. I make it ahead so it has time combine all the flavors. I entice kids to eat this by letting them use their hands and they always come back for more.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 10 shallots
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk 1/3°C olive oil, the juice of lemon,3 T. red wine vinegar and salt and pepper. Toss 1/2 of this mixture with the asparagus and the other half with the shallots.
- Roast shallots in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.
- Grill asparagus on the grill 5-7 minutes.
- When shallots have cooled mince them up.
- Meanwhile to prepare the vinegarette combine.
- the cranberry juice, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 Cup olive oil 1 T. chives or parsley, and chopped shallots.
- To serve lay out asparagus and top with dressing add dried cranberries across the top. If you make ahead the cranberries will absord the vinegarette and plump up nicely.