1/5 Photos of Grilled Asparagus With Red Bell Peppers Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Asparragus (additonal 8-12 BBQ skewers)
- 1Grill peppers over high heat turning as it browns about 20 minutes, or until the skins darken and blister. Remove the peppers from the grill, and place them in a paper bag. Close the bag by folding over twice. Set the peppers aside to cool. The steaming helps to loosen the skin.
- 2Take the peppers from the bag and remove the skins, stems, and seeds. If necessary, rinse the peppers to make peeling easier.
- 3Cut your roasted peppers in pieces and blend them with the other ingredients for the sauce with the food processor.
- 4Place salsa in a bowl.
- 5Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- 6Arrange 4-8 asparagus spears on a flat surface. Thread 2 (5 cm, 2-inch) skewers horizontally through spears 2-3 cm (1 inch) from each end to form a raft. Repeat procedure with remaining asparagus spears. Amount of skewers and asparagus depends on their size.
- 7Prepare the other raft until all asparagus are fixed.
- 8Brush asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Grill them for about 5 minutes and turn them on the other side for other 5-6 minutes (don’t burn them).
- 10Serve hot with salsa.
- 11Tip: Prepare salsa with yellow and red peppers in saparate portions. Pop your table!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Asparagus With Red Bell Peppers Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.7
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g