Top Review by ForeverMama
The sauce to this recipe is very yummy. I could eat it with a spoon, in fact, I did! As I love asparagus, I loved this dish. I didn't grill it as the recipe suggested (too cold outside), instead I roasted it in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes until done. Will definitely make it again. Thank you awalde for a keeper of a side dish!
Asparragus (additonal 8-12 BBQ skewers)
- 1 kg asparagus (2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill peppers over high heat turning as it browns about 20 minutes, or until the skins darken and blister. Remove the peppers from the grill, and place them in a paper bag. Close the bag by folding over twice. Set the peppers aside to cool. The steaming helps to loosen the skin.
- Take the peppers from the bag and remove the skins, stems, and seeds. If necessary, rinse the peppers to make peeling easier.
- Cut your roasted peppers in pieces and blend them with the other ingredients for the sauce with the food processor.
- Place salsa in a bowl.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Arrange 4-8 asparagus spears on a flat surface. Thread 2 (5 cm, 2-inch) skewers horizontally through spears 2-3 cm (1 inch) from each end to form a raft. Repeat procedure with remaining asparagus spears. Amount of skewers and asparagus depends on their size.
- Prepare the other raft until all asparagus are fixed.
- Brush asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill them for about 5 minutes and turn them on the other side for other 5-6 minutes (don’t burn them).
- Serve hot with salsa.
- Tip: Prepare salsa with yellow and red peppers in saparate portions. Pop your table!