1/5 Photos of Grilled Asparagus With Red Bell Peppers Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Asparragus (additonal 8-12 BBQ skewers)
- 1Grill peppers over high heat turning as it browns about 20 minutes, or until the skins darken and blister. Remove the peppers from the grill, and place them in a paper bag. Close the bag by folding over twice. Set the peppers aside to cool. The steaming helps to loosen the skin.
- 2Take the peppers from the bag and remove the skins, stems, and seeds. If necessary, rinse the peppers to make peeling easier.
- 3Cut your roasted peppers in pieces and blend them with the other ingredients for the sauce with the food processor.
- 4Place salsa in a bowl.
- 5Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- 6Arrange 4-8 asparagus spears on a flat surface. Thread 2 (5 cm, 2-inch) skewers horizontally through spears 2-3 cm (1 inch) from each end to form a raft. Repeat procedure with remaining asparagus spears. Amount of skewers and asparagus depends on their size.
- 7Prepare the other raft until all asparagus are fixed.
- 8Brush asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Grill them for about 5 minutes and turn them on the other side for other 5-6 minutes (don’t burn them).
- 10Serve hot with salsa.
- 11Tip: Prepare salsa with yellow and red peppers in saparate portions. Pop your table!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Asparagus With Red Bell Peppers Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.7
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g