Recipe by Marie
Fabulous tasting asparagus! The lemony garlic herb crumbs are also just made to top seafood.
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bread, garlic, salt, thyme, lemon zest and olive oil in food processor and process to breadcrumbs.
- Place the crumbs onto a shallow baking pan and bake till golden.
- Put the lemon juice in a small saucepan and whisk in the butter.
- Remove from heat once the butter has melted.
- Season asparagus and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill for a couple of minutes, just to get grill marks or to your desired doneness.
- Place grilled asparagus on a platter, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and drizzle with the lemon sauce.