Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Paula Deen and Food Network. There is NO butter in this recipe; sorry Paula Deen fans. This is just a simple, easy way to enjoy some yummy asparagus.
- Break off woody ends of asparagus.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and paprika and mix together well with a fork.
- Lay the asparagus side by side and pierce with skewers to form a raft.
- If you use bamboo skewers, don't forget to soak them for 30 minutes before using, so they don't catch fire.
- Place asparagus rafts on the grill and brush with the olive oil mixture.
- Cook to your desired tenderness (it takes almost no time at all), and season with salt and pepper.
Easy and delicious. I did not use the skewers, but placed them on single layers on the grill pan and they were perfect.
The Asparagus is so easy and delicious . It only took 5 minutes on the griddler. The spears were quite thin so I had a bit of trouble threading them on the skewers. I will make this recipe again when our local asparagus comes in next year with thicker spears. Lovely recipe
Simple, quick, and delicious! Just make sure the asparagus is thick enough to skewer. The first time I made this they were too thin so I used my veggie grill basket.