Recipe by Kay D.
This recipe is courtesy of Paula Deen and Food Network. There is NO butter in this recipe; sorry Paula Deen fans. This is just a simple, easy way to enjoy some yummy asparagus.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Break off woody ends of asparagus.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and paprika and mix together well with a fork.
- Lay the asparagus side by side and pierce with skewers to form a raft.
- If you use bamboo skewers, don't forget to soak them for 30 minutes before using, so they don't catch fire.
- Place asparagus rafts on the grill and brush with the olive oil mixture.
- Cook to your desired tenderness (it takes almost no time at all), and season with salt and pepper.