Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Caroline Cope at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/9OmHPr
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Wash, dry and trim off the woody ends of the asparagus.
- Combine asparagus, olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper in a large zip-top bag. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill asparagus until nicely charred, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet. Add breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and cook, stirring often, until dark golden brown and very fragrant. Serve asparagus with breadcrumbs on top.