Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Makes a great tangy appetizer for a romantic dinner for two, or can be scaled up for more people!
Make and share this Grilled Asparagus With Blue Cheese Butter and Red Onion Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- For the chutney place all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and cook over a gentle heat for fifteen minutes.
- For the asparagus, heat a grill pan and lightly brush the asparagus with oil.
- Grill until nicely charred on all sides for 4-5 minutes.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and add chunks of Stilton until melted.
- When ready to serve, plate up the asparagus, drizzle with the Stilton butter and place a spoonful of chutney on the side.
This is simply outstanding! I can't believe it only had one review. Maybe people are put off by the idea of the Red Onion Chutney. This is absolutely heavenly!
Oh, this was heavenly. Had to use a white onion, but still! Couldn't stop w/10 spears -- I think I ate 30 - and that's only because I didn't have any more! I used Gorgonzola instead (Blue is too salty for me) and boy did it hit the spot. Maybe I'll make it again tonight! Thanks.