Recipe by English_Rose
Makes a great tangy appetizer for a romantic dinner for two, or can be scaled up for more people!
For the chutney
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the asparagus
- 10 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- olive oil
- 1⁄16 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 ounces tangy blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- For the chutney place all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and cook over a gentle heat for fifteen minutes.
- For the asparagus, heat a grill pan and lightly brush the asparagus with oil.
- Grill until nicely charred on all sides for 4-5 minutes.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and add chunks of Stilton until melted.
- When ready to serve, plate up the asparagus, drizzle with the Stilton butter and place a spoonful of chutney on the side.