Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 shallot
- 3 blood oranges
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus (25-30 spears)
- Peel and chop the shallot fine and macerate for 30 minutes in the juice of 1/2 of one orange and the balsamic and red wine vinegars.
- Whisk in the olive oil to taste to make a vinaigrette, and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel just the zest from one orange, chop very fine, and add to the vinaigrette.
- Cut away the rind and pith from all oranges and slice them into thin rounds.
- Parboil and grill the asparagus until tender.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter with orange slices on top.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.