1/3 Photos of Grilled Asparagus With Balsamic Syrup
I made this tonight for dinner and it was wonderful. Original recipe is from my Webber Cookbook and I've changed it up for us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan bring the vinegar to a simmer over medium heat.
- 2Reduce the heat until just a few bubbles break through the surface.
- 3Add the smashed garlic.
- 4Cook at a slow simmer until about 1/4 cup of vinegar remains (about 20 minutes).
- 5If you cook too quickly or it reduces too much, it will turn bitter rather than sweet.
- 6Remove the sauce pan from the heat and let cool to room temperature (The syrup will continue to thicken as it cools).
- 7Heat grill to medium heat.
- 8Remove and discard all tough, woody ends from the asparagus spears.
- 9Wash and pat dry.
- 10Lightly coat the asparagus with the Hot Pepper Oil.
- 11Season evenly with the salt and pepper.
- 12Brush the cooking grate clean.
- 13Lay the asparagus perpendicular to the bars on the grate.
- 14Grill over direct medium heat with the lid closed as much as possible, until lightly charred and crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes, rolling the spears a couple of times and swapping their positions as needed for even cooking.
- 15Arrange the asparagus on a platter or individual plates.
- 16Remove the garlic from the syrup.
- 17If the syrup is stiff, warm it briefly over medium heat.
- 18Drizzle some of the syrup over the spears (you may not need all of it.).
- 19Season with more salt, if desired.
- 20Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Asparagus With Balsamic Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 248.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot pepper oil