Recipe by Tin Chef Seattle
This spring or summertime dish adds a touch of sophistication and kapow to grilling asparagus. It is based off of a sauce by Mean Chef, #41126, used with BBQ shrimp. The key lies in the contrast between seasoned, grilled aspargus and the subtle herbed cream. A possible variation would be to substitute cream cheese for goat cheese, though I have not tried it.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (one pack at the grocery store)
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush grill with olive oil and heat the grill on a low heat.
- Cut tough ends off asparagus.
- Brush asparagus with oil and then place on the grill on a low heat.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until crunchy and tender.
- Remove stems from basil. Mince or press garlic.
- Add goat cheese, sour cream, butter milk, and basil to a food processor. Process until mixed, almost dip like.
- Heat butter in a sauce pan on medium and sautee garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Stir in goat cheese mixture into the garlic saucepan and stir on medium heat until warmed. Pour sauce over asparagus or serve in a side dish.