Recipe by B-B-Q Man
I put together this recipe after looking at several others and combining them. We had never had asparagus on the grill before and it was fantastic.
Top Review by Boomette
I loved this recipe but DH just a little bit less. Probably because there is too much vinegar. So I may reduce the vinegar another time. Thanks BBQ Man :) Made for All you can cook buffet
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (I used about a teaspoon of each)
- 1⁄2 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- add vinegars, shallot, and garlic to a non-reactive bowl.
- while whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil to make an emulsion.
- add salt and pepper.
- let sit for 1/2 hour to allow flavors to meld.
- add asparagus and lightly toss to coat evenly.
- let sit for a few minutes.
- place on medium-high preheated grill and let cook for 8-10 minutes.
- right before you remove from grill squeeze lemon over the asparagus and then serve.