Laura & Shawn's Note:
Fresh gilled asparagus spears w/ a splash of olive oil & Parmesan cheese. Simple & refreshing. A great side dish for a summer barbecue! (I don't really measure this recipe but this is my best guestimate. Please let me know if measurements seem off & I'll make it & measure my ingredients.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat barbecue on medium.
- 2Cut bottom of asparagus spears until you see the bright green ends. (approximately 1/4-1/2 an inch off).
- 3Place asparagus on a platter & pour olive oil over the top.
- 4Cut lemon in half then squeeze lemon juice evenly over asparagus.
- 5Spread garlic on top.
- 6Roll asparagus around with your hands to coat evenly.
- 7Sprinkle w/ salt & pepper.
- 8Add Parmesan & crushed pepper.
- 9Remove asparagus from platter & using tongs place them side by side on the grill.
- 10Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. (Depending on how well done you prefer it.).
- 11Meanwhile cut other half of lemon into thin slices then set aside.
- 12Remove asparagus from grill & place on platter.
- 13Place lemon wedges around the edge of the platter surrounding the asparagus.
- 14With each serving place one or two lemon slices on top of the asparagus.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Asparagus Spears
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 281.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g