Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh gilled asparagus spears w/ a splash of olive oil & Parmesan cheese. Simple & refreshing. A great side dish for a summer barbecue! (I don't really measure this recipe but this is my best guestimate. Please let me know if measurements seem off & I'll make it & measure my ingredients.)
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus spear (estimate 12 spears)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 whole lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- Pre-heat barbecue on medium.
- Cut bottom of asparagus spears until you see the bright green ends. (approximately 1/4-1/2 an inch off).
- Place asparagus on a platter & pour olive oil over the top.
- Cut lemon in half then squeeze lemon juice evenly over asparagus.
- Spread garlic on top.
- Roll asparagus around with your hands to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle w/ salt & pepper.
- Add Parmesan & crushed pepper.
- Remove asparagus from platter & using tongs place them side by side on the grill.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. (Depending on how well done you prefer it.).
- Meanwhile cut other half of lemon into thin slices then set aside.
- Remove asparagus from grill & place on platter.
- Place lemon wedges around the edge of the platter surrounding the asparagus.
- With each serving place one or two lemon slices on top of the asparagus.