Toss in cooked chicken or shrimp and you'll have a lovely light entree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs thick asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- 6 cups loosely packed mixed greens, washed and dried
- 1Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to medium. Toss the asparagus with enough oil to coat and sprinkle with a little salt. Put the asparagus on the grill and cook, rolling frequently to avoid burning, until brown and crisp-tender, about 5 to 7 minutes, depending on thickness; remove. Arrange mixed greens on chilled plates or a large serving platter.
- 2To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk together the lemon juice, zest, chives, garlic, sugar and salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream.
- 3When ready to assemble the salad, toss the asparagus with enough vinaigrette to coat. Arrange on top of the mixed greens. Sprinkle with the shredded Parmesan and the snipped chives. Pass any additional vinaigrette alongside.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Asparagus Salad With Lemon-Chive Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 127.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: