Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light. 2003. You will need skewers.
- 16 thick asparagus spears (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Arrange 4 asparagus spears on a flat surface.
- Thread 2 (3-inch) skewers or toothpicks horizontally through spears 1 inch from each end to form a raft. Repeat procedure with remaining asparagus spears.
- Combine soy sauce, oil, and garlic; brush evenly over asparagus rafts. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds, pepper, and salt.
This was very easy, and very yummy! I didn't have the sesame seeds, but the sesame oil adds such a strong flavor that I (don't think) I missed them. I popped these on the grill (without skewers, though, I just laid them out) after the chicken was finished cooking and by the time I had everything else plated up, they were ready to eat. Definitely a keeper!