Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
the luscious combination of asparagus and prosciutto in a sublime hot toasted sandwich
Make and share this Grilled Asparagus & Prosciutto Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 focaccia bread, sliced into 4 pieces
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- Rinse the asparagus and break the ends off of each spear (if you hold onto each end and bend the spear it will naturally break in the right place). Discard the ends. In a large bowl, toss the asparagus in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 3 minutes until cooked through and grill marks appear. Set aside.
- Turn off the grill and carefully clean the grates. Reheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- For each sandwich: Slice the focaccia in half lengthwise. Place a slice of prosciutto inside the bottom half. Top with 1/4 of the cheese and as many asparagus spears as will fit securely. Close the sandwich with the other focaccia half. Grill 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Slice the sandwich in half, serve immediately and enjoy!
Great sandwich - I used regular whole wheat bread but otherwise made as directed.
I scaled this back for 1 and used a wholemeal/wholegrain roll though personally I think I would have preferred it with the prosciutto cooked to crispy and then put in the sandwich otherwise a nice tasting refreshing sandwich. Thank you MarraMamba, made for Newest ZAAR Tag game.