Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This festive salad has a sweet, smokey, spicy flavor from the grilled veggies and Chipotle pepper in adobe sauce. Serve this on a bed of greens. This I tossed up from left over grilled asparagus and corn.
- 236.59 ml grilled corn, kernels removed and seperated
- 236.59 ml grilled asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 177.44 ml red pepper, sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 small chipotle pepper, discard seeds unless you like it hot and spicy
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2.46 ml sugar (optional)
- 2.46 ml fresh thyme leave
- salt and pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend.
- Add salad ingredients and toss in dressing.
- Chill till ready to serve.
Yummy. I did not have a fresh chipolte chili so I used 1/2 half of the of a canned chili in adobo sauce with seeds which provided suficient heat. There was lots of dressing so a little more corn (had plenty) went into the salad. While the combinatio of chili and lime is classic, the addition of the fresh thyme offered this salad a lovely twist. A definite keeper.
I knew I would love this because these are some of my favorite veggies and lime, garlic & thyme are some of my favorite flavors. I'm temporarily without my blender, so I just minced the chipotle pepper very fine then shook the dressing ingredients together in a jar. I also did not bother to chill first and it still tasted great to me. I have leftovers so I'll be interested to see tomorrow how this tastes after a night in the fridge--probably even better! I had this with my Finger-Licking Chicken Marinade #88939, which also has thyme & garlic; despite this similarity I liked them together.
Very easy to put together. Love the chipotle peppers throughout. Thank-you for another tasty dish Rita!