Recipe by Rita~
This festive salad has a sweet, smokey, spicy flavor from the grilled veggies and Chipotle pepper in adobe sauce. Serve this on a bed of greens. This I tossed up from left over grilled asparagus and corn.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Yummy. I did not have a fresh chipolte chili so I used 1/2 half of the of a canned chili in adobo sauce with seeds which provided suficient heat. There was lots of dressing so a little more corn (had plenty) went into the salad. While the combinatio of chili and lime is classic, the addition of the fresh thyme offered this salad a lovely twist. A definite keeper.
- 1 cup grilled corn, kernels removed and seperated
- 1 cup grilled asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3⁄4 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 small chipotle pepper, discard seeds unless you like it hot and spicy
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- salt and pepper