Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Show: Boy Meets Grill
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml quinoa
- 226.79 g aged goat cheese, shaved
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 5 nicoise olives
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
Black Olive Vinaigrette
- 59.14 ml aged sherry wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml arbol chile
- 118.29 ml pitted nicoise olive
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- Heat grill. Brush asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill on both sides until just cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and cut in half.
- Bring 8 cups of salted water to a boil. Add quinoa and cook until soft. Drain and rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place the quinoa in a medium bowl and add red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley and 1/4 cup of olive vinaigrette. Stir to combine. Place on plate and top with goat cheese, asparagus, whole nicoise olives, sliced tomato and parsley sprigs.
I loved the ingredient list in your recipe but I made it a warm quinoa dish by melting the goat cheese in dish and mixing the ingredients together. Thank you!