Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Show: Boy Meets Grill
Make and share this Grilled Asparagus and Quinoa Salad With Goat Cheese and Black Ol recipe from Food.com.
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups quinoa
- 8 ounces aged goat cheese, shaved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 nicoise olives
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
Black Olive Vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup aged sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon arbol chile
- 1⁄2 cup pitted nicoise olive
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Heat grill. Brush asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill on both sides until just cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and cut in half.
- Bring 8 cups of salted water to a boil. Add quinoa and cook until soft. Drain and rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place the quinoa in a medium bowl and add red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley and 1/4 cup of olive vinaigrette. Stir to combine. Place on plate and top with goat cheese, asparagus, whole nicoise olives, sliced tomato and parsley sprigs.